Monday, August 30, 2010

It's Accidentally Official

On August 25th, I asked Pete, "How mad would you be if I quit the band?"

It's not something that just popped in my head a week ago and thought I'd quit on a whim.  I've been thinking about this for quite a while.  I didn't realise I don't hide things well when he said, "I'm surprised you lasted this long."  Then we laughed.

There was always a little part of me that felt that I would be letting the guys down if I quit but I found myself getting more disinterested with doing the full band thing. Then again, everything is replaceable so I hope they get another guitar player and carry on.

I accidentally played my last official public gig with the band on Saturday, August 28th.  It was accidental because we were supposed to play October 2nd but Dwayne can't do it so it'll be just Pete and me that night.

15 years is a long time.  On a good and thankful note, I still get to play with Pete in the duo-thing.  Maybe I'm just getting older and like the quietness. Anyways, it's not like I quit playing altogether and I do like going out once and a while. And to all you kids out there that think being in a rock band will get you chicks - it's
a rumour; I should know.  Also, my arms are just for show so not doing any lifting/carrying heavy items will be nice.  Kind of ironic I just bought that new amp too.

I do want to say that I wouldn't change a thing. Over 15 years, there's been way more ups than downs.

Will I get in another band again?  I don't know.  It's a long life and anything can happen but right now I'm not even thinking about that.  There's a whole bunch of things that I have to catch up on.

Anyways, I do want to thank the guys in the band for making my stay the best and basically being an extended family and thanks to everyone who's come out through the years and seen us.

No comments:

Post a Comment