Friday, August 10, 2012

Child Labour

Retirement's just a year away!
I was reading about Samsung being investigated for using Child Labour.  I think before that, it was Apple.  But really, what's wrong with child labour?

I started working when I was 15, and I'm currently working (I'm not 15 anymore).  As I watch some fellow employees retire, and since I have a ways to go, I think about retiring all the time so I can spend quality time with the things that matter.

Now if I started working at a job, let's see, when I was 8, and I could retire after 30 years of service, I wouldn't be typing this right now - I'd be on vacation or something else that retired people do.  So I don't see the problem in that respect.  Who wouldn't love to spend the best years of their lives doing what they want?

Also, think of the skills you'd acquire working at an early age?  Your social skills would be elevated so much that when you retire, you could work at Wal Mart as a greeter, and easily get Employee of the Month because you're dazzling the public with your social skills....that you learned working at an early age.

Think of that: Employee of the Month for just doing what comes natural.

On top of that, you could fix electronic equipment in no time.  Or knit a sweater.  I guess whatever job you started at, you could be a consultant at 40 and make some easy money.  A pension and some income.  Over here in North America nobody would trust a 40 year old consultant - they're too young and don't have that much work experience.

What I'm getting at is, what's the big deal over child labour? In the long run, they have it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment