Monday, July 25, 2011

RPGs are Realistic

It's funny what you can come across on the Internet.


I picked up Dungeon Siege 3 for the PS3 and I really like it so far. It's not Baldurs Gate 2 for the PS2 but I still like it. I think I'm about half-way done. That's because I hopped online to find out. RPGs I don't cheat on, so I wasn't looking for codes. Anyways, there was one thing I was looking up in particular ("what's the Doom stat mean?") and I came across a webpage called RPGwatch.com because it had a review of Dungeon Siege. Going off on a tangent, I came across a review for a game called Arcainia.

I can't play it since it's for XBox, but what caught my eye was that the guy did two reviews, one for regular gamers and one for "Casual RPGers".

"What's a Casual RPGer?" you might ask: "Kamaal Anwar, Producer for Arcania, summed it up very clearly for RPGWatch -- "...The challenge studios face is to avoid chasing away potential fans with too many possibilities and too much freedom. Some gamers more accustomed to jumping into games in short bursts may find the lack of a clear direction daunting".

Too many possibilities and too much freedom? May find the lack of a clear direction daunting?

And immediately I thought, "Wow, that's just like people these days."

It's funny but it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment