Friday, August 12, 2011

Puppet Love

OK, I was in a good mood until I saw the headline of Bert and Ernie getting married.

Married? WTF? And more importantly, why?

Don't worry this isn't going to be a gay-bashing thing because I'm not into gay bashing. If that's how you swing, that's fine, it's just not for me.

The problem I have is that Bert and Ernie are part of a kids show.  Meaning, it's for kids. 10 years and younger. Why should kids be exposed to a sexual preference (because that's all homosexuality really is: you bang the same gender) at an early age?  Isn't Age of Consent for normal sexuality, on average, 16 years old?

And no offense to gays but it's not the norm.  If it was the norm then they wouldn't have to have a parade every now and then.

Let's look at another argument really quick; the hereditary vs conditioned debate. I for one say it's a learned behaviour. All anyone knows is what they're shown.  How do I explain if a kid turns out femme?  Look at English people. Some just come across plain fruity even though they're not.  English people will dress up in women's clothes but they're not all gay.

On the other side, let's say there is a gay gene, then why would you force Bert and Ernie to be gay if they haven't been gay before?  They don't even share the same bed.  And I don't think any gay man would let their eyebrows grow like that.

All I'm saying is leave sexuality out of a kids show.  It's bad enough kids have Sex Education at Grade 3 here in the stunted-growth thinking province of Ontario.  I still can't get over that.  What stupid, backward idiot actually thought that it would be a good idea to have Sex Ed in Grade 3?

OK, getting back on track: so, if you're gay, that's your choice but it should be a private choice. Leave kids out of it.  Not everyone's Catholic, y'know.

No comments:

Post a Comment