Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Stalking My Way Back To You, Babe

I can't get any press.  I've been making songs for years and I can't get any press.  And look who does, from CBC no less: "Maroon 5's 'Animals' video condemned by sex assault group."


I've had my song, In The Bushes, out for about 3 years now and it was my first song about stalking and have I heard boo from The Rape Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN)?  No.  They act as if they haven't even heard the song.


Now I'm no Moron-5 fan by any stretch.  Have you heard them?  And those lyrics....  I'm offended because they're such crummy lyrics.  "Baby, I'm preying on you tonight/Hunt you down eat you alive/Just like animals," & "Maybe you think that you can hide/I can smell your scent from miles." They make Paul Rodgers/David Coverdale lyrics seem like poetry.  And it doesn't even rhyme.  Those pansies can't even hire a song-writer, sorry, ghost-writer, to come up with their rhymes.


At least In The Bushes rhymes.  Have a listen:


http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=31937&content=songinfo&songID=10733194


The RAINN say the Maroon 5 video for this turd of a song is "a dangerous depiction of a stalker's fantasy" which is apparently a blood-covered Levine begins fondling animal carcasses in a meat locker while singing 'A dangerous depiction'.  I've never seen it, I just copied and pasted that from the article.  But going by that description, is he stalking meat?  Or a butcher?  Or cleavers?  Fake blood?


Thank God I was reminded that "No one should ever confuse the criminal act of stalking with romance."  Just like stealing one's heart - there's jail time for that.


"The trivialization of these serious crimes, like stalking, should have no place in the entertainment industry."  I sure hope I can refund my "Rape: The Musical" tickets.


I'm glad I got that off my chest but I'm still in the same spot: wondering how can I drum up some free press?  Good or bad - I'll take anything these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment