Thursday, September 24, 2009

Web Page Woes

Y'know, and sorry about last Blog's rant, I've had my webpage for 10 years (in a row) coming next year, and I can't believe that when my Mom runs a search on just the last name, I'm maybe page 3 or 4 at best.

How the hell is that?

I've submitted my URL to Google and even Bing (more on those clowns in a second) and nothing. I've fixed up my Meta Tags on more than one occasion. And the thing that irks me the most is that I pay for www.koval.ca. How much more plain can it get? And that doesn't even register on Google. Google used to be great until you had to pay for rankings. I think Yahoo is the only one that picks up the "ca" address.

And Bing, Microsoft's new search engine, isn't any better. Actually, it's the same as Google. The description I submitted to Google years ago shows up on Bing. Weak. Actually, that's pretty piss-poor.

It's hard to mildly entertain people when the name doesn't come up.

Anyways, I'm done ranting.

By the way, Gregg Koval Week seems to be a success. I'm over half done 40 minutes of new music. I'm geeked.

No comments:

Post a Comment