Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Good Long Weekend

Normally, I like to take my long weekends and make them recording weekends but I couldn't do that this year.  But, it all worked out.

Friday, Pete and I played our first gig as a duo at the Tecumseh Roadhouse and I'll tell you what, that was the easiest gig I've ever done. And the time slot was the sweet'ner - 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Sign me up. Home by 10:30 and happy. Good start to the weekend. We're back there on June the 11th.

Saturday, the whole band went to play at a party. Usually I belly-ache about parties with valid reasons but this one was pretty good. When you have to stay over night, you know it was a good one.

Sunday was a big day of rest, and Monday was even more restful. Just resting up for another "playing" weekend.  Friday at the Sandbar and Saturday at Lefty's Downstairs.  I hope they leave the DJ at home on the Saturday.  Nothing's worse than hearing dance music in between a rock band's sets.

And that should take us up to June's updates.  See you next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment